Department Summary

28th Judicial District Court oversees all civil, traffic, and criminal cases. Including divorce and domestic relations, probate, and administration of estates, and others. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I file my Divorce to Lawsuit myself?
Yes, If you choose to file a case without an attorney, you may do so, but the Clerk’s Office will NOT be allowed to assist you beyond procedural questions.
Where Can I find Court related forms?
How do I apply for a Marriage License?
How can I make a payment?
Payments in most cases may be made at the Clerk of the District Court Office. However, some cases are able to pay online at, while other cases may have been turned over to debt collection. If unsure of how to make a payment, please call the Clerk of the District Court Office at (785) 309-5831 and we can assist you.
How do I file a Protections from Abuse, Protection from Stalking, Sexual Assault, or Human Trafficking case?

One of two ways to file:
• The Clerk of the District Court Office (Office hours 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM)


300 W. Ash, Room 306 Salina, KS 67401
(785) 309-5843 Ext. 1
Contact Us
Hours: 8 AM - 5 PM Monday - Friday Closed Weekends & Holidays

To Contact Direct Departments:

Traffic Cases (tickets issued by Sheriff/Highway Patrol): (785) 309-5830

Criminal Cases: (785) 309-5831

Domestic, Divorce, PFA’s, PFS’s, Civil: (785) 309-5835 or (785) 309-5836

Probate, Small Claims, Juvenile, Limited Action, Marriage License:     (785) 309-5834 or (785) 309-5832

Jury Clerk/Jury Coordinator: (785) 309-5874

Court Services/Probation Dept.: (785) 309-5842